Thursday, August 27, 2009
Amaryllis (Hippeastrum) care instructions 朱頂蘭的打理方法
Instructions on how to take care Amaryllis.
In the home: 朱頂蘭的打理方法：
1. Slant cut the stems and stand in fresh water. It is advisable to cut a small piece off the stems every two days to achieve maximum vase life. 每隔兩天換水剪腳。
2. Moving the flowers into a different vase or replacing the water in the vase will not impair their vase life. 換花瓶的水對花沒有影响。
3. Do not forget that the hollow stems of Hippeastrum are filled with water. Drain them above the vase when moving them. 花莖中空，當拿起會有水倒出。
4. When using Hippeastrum at an angle it is advisable to push a stick into the stem to prevent it from bending. It would normally take 10 to 14 days before this occurred.當在大約一星期左右，中空的花莖要放竹枝扶直，以防倒下。
5. Hippeastrum grows taller as the flower opens. Ensure there is plenty of space above the flower ( 20 cm) to accommodate this growth. 花會長高，要預有空間。
6. Hippeastrum does not need cut flower food but can tolerate it. 可以不用鮮花水，下亦無損花。
7. Remove dead blooms to maintain the ornamental value. 可以剪去凋謝的花頭。
8. When Hippeastrum has been standing in water the base of the stem will turn red and start to curl back. This has no ill effects on the flower’s ability to absorb water.